Frequently Asked Questions
If you can't find the answer to your question below, please contact our customer enquiries department.
- What can I do if I have a faulty G7th capo?
- If your G7th capo develops a fault, we will replace it free of charge, anywhere in the world. You'll find details of how to return it to us here.
- Where can I find my nearest stockist of G7th products?
- Please contact your country's distributor.
- Will the standard G7th Performance capo work on my classical guitar?
- Some customers have used the standard G7th Performance Capo on their classical guitar. However, as the profile of the capo is curved and a classical guitar fingerboard is flat, it's not ideal – you will be much better off using our the dedicated classical guitar Performance Capo.
- Do the standard G7th Performance & Nashville Capos work on 12-string guitars?
- Yes, they work fine. However some customers have told us they can only use the standard capos up to the 5th fret because of the width of the neck.
- What other models of G7th Performance capo are available?
- In addition to the standard 6-string guitar model, there are also Performance capos available for 12-string guitar, classical guitar and banjo.
- Can you make one-off / custom capos using G7th technology?
- No. The tooling costs for the mechanism are substantial, making it suitable only for volume production.
- Can the rubber on the capo be replaced if it wears out?
- Yes. At this time rubbers are available directly from G7th Ltd. However, we have capos in continuous testing which have rubbers still 100% intact after thousands of hours use, so we don't expect to ship many!
- My guitar has a nitro-cellulose finish. Is my G7th capo safe to use on it?
- A nitro-cellulose finísh should be a pretty durable one. However, the danger occurs when it is exposed to additives or release agents which can be used in the processing of rubber components - these can soften and mark the finish.
We use high quality thermoplastic and silicone rubbers on our capos and the components are cleaned before use. We would not expect you to have any problem with the rubber components used on our capos but would recommend that you don’t leave the capo on the guitar when you aren’t using it. This isn’t good for the capo either!
- How do I track an order that I placed on your site?
- You can view the status of an order by logging in to your account. You will need your email address, and the password you entered when you placed your order.
- Does my capo carry a manufacturers warranty?
- Yes. G7th want nothing but satisfied customers. If your G7th capo develops a fault, see here for instructions on how to return it to us.